Celebrate and learn all about Chinese New Year 2023, the Year of the Rabbit. These engaging Chinese New Year coloring pages and art and craft activities make a wonderful classroom display.
What’s included in this resource?
- Year of the Rabbit abstract coloring page templates and posters – explore warm and cool colors
- Make lantern garlands to hang in your classroom
- Have fun, fingerprinting blossom and turn your artwork into a traditional Chinese lantern
- Have fun designing Chinese boys and girls’ traditional costumes
- Decorate a Chinese fan with patterns of your choice
- Doodle dragons, exploring pattern and color
- Make blossom bookmarks to use this coming Spring
- Make a swirling snake mobile to hang from the ceiling
- Design a Chinese bowl and chopsticks, describe the food you might eat
- Color abstract lantern coloring pages
- Please note, posters and coloring pages from previous years are included. You may wish to use these activities as additional coloring pages for early finishers ,decor or to open up discussion about some of the Zodiac animals: tiger, rat, pig, dog, rooster, monkey, tiger
What materials will I need?
- You will only require a simple range of art materials
- Colored pencils, marker pens, oil pastels, watercolor paints
- Glue sticks, scissors,
- String and pegs for garlands
- Print onto card stock or good quality paper for the best results
I hope you enjoy these activities!
Sample my art resources here with this Free 2023 Year of the Rabbit activity:
Year of the Rabbit Free Coloring Challenge
Upper Grade Prieto says, “I use this EVERY YEAR and it is PERFECT!”
Kathleen W says, “Another great way to show students the different items that you can learn about related to Chinese New Year.”
Corinne A says, “I don’t see how this packet could get any better! Perfect packet for Chinese New Year.”
You may like also to view these creative seasonal resources:
New Years 2023 Selfies Art and Writing
New Year and Chinese New Year Art Activities
Valentine’s Day Art Activities
Like my work? Please stay in touch!
Don’t forget to leave feedback on resources – you will earn points toward your next TPT purchases 🙂
Please contact me if you have any questions regarding this resource, I am always keen to help,
Copyright ©The ImaginationBox/Diane Pagan 2022.
All rights reserved by the author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only