Welcome New Year 2023 with these fun firework-themed art and goal-setting writing activities.
Invite students to reflect on 2022 and focus on setting their intentions and goals for 2023, in a creative way.
Encourage students to explore warm and cool colors, and experiment with making confident, expressive marks to create an energizing firework display.
I update this activity each year, so you can download free updates if you would like to continue to use the activity beyond 2023.
Please click on the detailed preview to see this resource in full
What’s included in this New Years 2023 resource?
- 2022 reflections and 2023 goal-setting and resolutions art and writing prompt worksheets
- A selection of firework templates to print and decorate – create a vibrant collaborative art display
- Photographed colored examples to display
- Bulletin board garlands to decorate and display with your completed fireworks
- Large wall numbers for 2023 for students to decorate and display
What materials do I need to color the fireworks?
- Choose from marker pens, oil pastels, watercolor paints, colored pencils
- Scissors, pegs and string for garlands
- Use heavyweight paper/ card stock for the best results
You might like to view my popular Back To School / All About Me resources here:
Back to School, All About Me Resources
View further New Year activities here:
New Year, Chinese New Year Resources
How can I use this resource with my students?
- End December 2022 in a positive, forward-thinking way
- Use as an engaging first-week-back activity for January 2023
- Encourage students to reflect, plan and set goals
- Explore hopes and dreams for the future
- Acknowledge challenges and find solutions
- Generate lively group discussion
- Create an impressive display for a positive environment
- Build creative confidence
- This makes a handy, print-and-go sub plan
- Add to a New Year unit
Happy teacher feedback
Kelly P says, “Love stimulating their brains with coloring and thinking. Great tool, not just a write down your goals. We save them until the end of the first quarter for students to look at their goals again.”
Julie J says, “This looked fantastic as a bulletin board! It gave the students practice at writing while thinking about their goals. They also loved designing the fireworks!.”
Sarah V says, “I used this at the start of the year with my senior students and they loved that they actually had something novel to do for goal setting and that they could go back and colour in when their math brain was exhausted!”
I do hope you have fun with this resource!
You may like to view these creative seasonal resources:
New Years 2023 Cell Phone Art and Writing Activity
New Years 2023 Selfies Art and Writing
FREE Year of the Rabbit 2023 Art Activity
New Year and Chinese New Year Art Activities
Like my work? Please stay in touch!
Don’t forget to leave feedback on resources – you will earn points toward your next TPT purchases 🙂
Please contact me if you have any questions regarding this resource, I am always keen to help,
Copyright ©The ImaginationBox/Diane Pagan 2022.
All rights reserved by the author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only