- Have fun celebrating St. Patrick’s Day with this experimental activity, creating eye catching shamrocks to display in your classroom.
- This activity involves a variety of creative challenges for hands and imaginations.
- Glueing, careful cutting, yarn wrapping and creating abstract shapes and patterns.
- Shamrock templates, 2 size options
- Information regarding materials needed
- A selection of photographed examples for inspiration
- A display poster
Materials, equipment needed
- Paper for printing shamrock templates, scrap card / cardboard
- Scissors, glue
- A selection of green shades of yarn
- Marker pens, colored pencils
2 ways of approaching this activity
- Simpler, quick option: Yarn wrapping activity only
- More challenging option: Yarn wrapping, followed by creating shapes with marker pens within the shapes created by the yarn. Then students can then remove the yarn to reveal a unique pattern. Some students may be interested in this experimental activity, others may not want to ‘undo’ their artwork
All original artwork ©The ImaginationBox/Diane Pagan