- This T Shirt About Me art activity, is so much fun! Use it during the first week back to school as an ice breaker for both boys and girls.
- It’s a really creative way for teachers and students to learn more about themselves and each other.
- Invite students to create a unique T shirt design. They can respond to 30 prompts and questions in a personal and imaginative way. Experiment with doodles, words, ‘graffiti style’ lettering and illustrations.
- T shirt template 1 – Art Activity: There are 15 sections to illustrate responses to prompts, including: Self portrait, Name, Age, Grade, Favorite color, Fruit, Vegetable, Sport, Movie, Song…
- T shirt template 2 – Writing Activity: There are 15 questions / prompts to respond to in written format, including, My top 3 goals this year, Something I like at school, Something I find challenging, If I were a superhero, I can make the world better by, I feel happy when, I feel sad when, I aim to, I wonder if…..
- Photographs of completed and partially completed examples are included in the packet. Use a black ball point pen and colored markers to create a modern, illustrative style to appeal to slightly older children, grade 4+
- Activities for early finishers – doodle pages and bookmarks are also included
- The finished T shirts make a fabulous display, on the bulletin board or pegged up on a line as a garland or ‘washing line’
- The designs are inspired by Piet Mondrian’s abstract work and the packet includes a poster and garland to make your classroom or homeschool room colorful and inspiring.
Paper Sizes, Spelling Options
- Both US spellings ‘color’, ‘favorite’ etc and UK/ Australia/ Canada spellings with ‘colour’ and ‘favourite’ are included in the packet.
- These T Shirt templates measure approximately 25 x 20cm / 10 x 8 inches and are designed to fill the printable area of US letter and A4 sized paper.
- If you have access to a larger format printer, you can enlarge and print on A3 / 11x 14 inch paper to create a larger T shirt.
- Please note, the 2 activities have been designed to complete on separate pieces of paper, they are not formatted to be printed back to back on one sheet of paper
- Print on card stock or heavy weight paper for best results.
All original artwork ©The ImaginationBox/Diane Pagan