- Amazing Winter Animal Doodles – this is the perfect eye-catching art and creative writing activity for your Winter-Themed Classroom.
- This detailed resource is inspired by Folk Art around the world, using bold, simplistic geometric and floral shapes and bright colors highlighted against black and white.
- These doodle animal templates have been designed to really engage your students creatively, spark their imaginations and inspire them to explore and experiment with color, shape and pattern.
- Outline templates: Owl, Stag, Fox, Bear, Squirrel, Rooster, Hare
- Completed colored examples to use as inspiration and posters
- Pattern making template pages to experiment and design new patterns
- A selection of background patterns to place cut out animal shapes onto
- A creative writing activity page for each template – answer questions, write a short story and create a poem around your chosen animal
- Make your own ‘Folk Art Doodles’ banner to help display your students finished artworks
- Descriptive words and titles for the bulletin board
Key materials needed
- Good quality heavyweight paper for printing
- Choose from felt tips / markers, colored pencils, crayons for the art activity
- The examples were created using Sharpies, black is important.
- Scissors, glue, string for banner
All original artwork ©The ImaginationBox/Diane Pagan