- This activity invites students to cut out and make their own fold-out booklet style cell phone, and then to complete the image making on the front cover and the written elements inside.
- Back to school Art Fun! Engage children creatively with this Instagram style ‘Summer Memories’ art and writing cell phone activity.
- Children can reflect, and capture a visual essence of their summer break using images and words.
- Teachers can get to know more about their new classroom individuals in an imaginative way.
- The front cover: Invite students to illustrate their Summer activities with 9 thumbnail doodles or drawings of their choice.
- Favorites may include going to the beach, camping, swimming, icecream etc
- A hand drawn color photographed example is included for inspiration
- The 2 fold-out inner pages invite a written response to the following prompts: My favorite memory, Summer was, I saw, Something I learnt over the Summer, I visited, I created, My funniest memory, I really liked, I didn’t enjoy….
How to use this activity
- How can students move beyond words, and ‘draw their answers’?
- How do the 9 images look collectively?
- Is there an emerging theme or style or color?
- What colors do we associate with words? eg the ocean: turquoise and green
- Work imaginatively, the included example uses a black ball point pen and felt tips
- The finished art phone measures 3.7 x 7.3 inches (9.4 x 18.5cm)
- UK/Australian spelling template is also included – colour, favourite etc
- Ideal for use as an icebreaker activity or as an art specific lesson.
- The completed art-phones slip comfortably into a back pocket for play.
- They will work well pegged up as a garland or can decorate a wall, door or bulletin board.
All original artwork ©The ImaginationBox/Diane Pagan