- Celebrate Halloween with this spooky and fun box making activity.
- This imaginative Halloween printable box template can be decorated individually by each student on the outside and filled with fun ‘Would You Rather’ questions, games and mini coloring activities on the inside.
- Suitable for grades 4-7, this resource enables students to explore illustration, color, shape, careful cutting, construction and interactive play.
- Photographs of completed examples – use these as posters to decorate the classroom or as ideas and inspiration for students
- Completed templates to cut out and construct finished box examples
- Box templates to print – choose from 2 options, according to age and ability
- a) The simpler box has just a standard lid to close
- b) The second option has additional interlocking semi-circles which form a spooky eyeball lid when closed
- A selection of ideas to fill the box: questions and games, cards and small coloring activities.
- Of course you can also use ideas of your own – perhaps fill the box with popcorn or candy, make pipe cleaner spiders or other craft ideas if time allows.
Materials, equipment needed
- Marker pens, colored pencils
- Scissors, glue sticks or double sided tape
- String to display the mini garland
- Print box template onto heavyweight paper or card stock for best results
- This activity is designed to be printed on both US letter and A4 sized paper
- The template can be enlarged if you have access to a larger printer.
- The finished box measures 2.3 x 2.3 x 2.3 inches, so younger students may need some assistance with construction.
All original artwork ©The ImaginationBox/Diane Pagan