- Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day creatively and imagine packing your own cool backpack and traveling to Dublin, Ireland to take part in the carnival on March 17th.
- This imaginative resource invites students to custom design a unique backpack, covered in badges and to complete a selection of creative writing tasks.
- These finished backpacks and additional printable decor pages will make a fantastic, fun and colorful St. Patrick’s display in your classroom.
- Ideal for engaging older kids in a creative activity. Suitable for grades 4, 5, 6, 7.
- Please note, younger children may need assistance as cutting and glueing of small shapes forms part of the process.
- Colored backpack examples, in green, orange and grey with badges – use as posters or examples
- Blank backpack templates – choose from 2 options according to ability
- Pages of colored and outline badges to cut out and glue onto the backpack templates
Writing activities, include:
- Writing a story about a leprechaun
- 15 things I would pack to take on a trip to Dublin, Ireland
- Traveling to Ireland – currency, mode of transport, length of journey etc
- Blank pages for your own specific use
- St. Patrick’s Day display poster
- Larger size badges to decorate the bulletin board
- Fun facts about Ireland and St.Patrick’s Day
Materials, equipment needed
- Marker pens, colored pencils
- Scissors, glue
- Pegs or string if you would like to display the backpacks as a garland
- Use heavyweight paper or card stock for best results
All original artwork ©The ImaginationBox/Diane Pagan