Celebrate Chinese New Year 2023, the Year of The Rabbit with this FREE engaging art activity. Create an exciting Chinese New Year art display to kick off 2023 in your classroom! Students love this annual coloring challenge.
This free Year of the Rabbit coloring activity forms part of this engaging, multi-activity Chinese New Year Art and Writing Packet
This no-prep print-and-go Chinese New Year art activity encourages students to use their imagination and sense of color. The challenge is to see if the Year of the Rabbit silhouette stands out from the background when the coloring page is finished.
- Digitally colored posters to display – two colorways for inspiration
- Build color stories to complete the challenge – template and example worksheets are included
- Templates to color – you can choose from 3 options. More confident students can draw their own diagonal lines or rabbit shape if they would like more of a challenge
What materials do I need for this Chinese New Year art activity?
- Print onto heavyweight paper or card stock for best results
- Use marker pens, watercolor paints, oil pastels, crayons or pencils
How can this resource help me?
- Learn more about Chinese New Year
- An experimental art lesson
- A handy sub plan
- A fun Friday afternoon activity
- A brain break from tech
- A lesson about color, shape and line
- Add to a New Year unit
- Build creative confidence
- Create a wonderful classroom display for 2023!
I love creating this freebie every year 🙂
Happy teacher feedback from ‘The Year of the Tiger’ activity
Upper Grade Prieto says, “I use this EVERY YEAR and it is PERFECT!”
Catherine W says, “We watched some videos about Chinese New Year, learning about the traditions and the different zodiac animals. We also turned this into a bit of a maths lesson, by identifying different shapes and types of lines. The kids loved it.”
Smitty says, “Our Brownie troop learned about the Lunar New Year and the Chinese Zodiac for World Thinking Day. This allowed them to use artistic expression and inspired them to find out their birth year animal.”
Wendy E says, “Used this every year for the last four or so years, my students love it!”
You might also like to view these popular creative resources for this time of year:
- Spring Art & Writing Activities Bundle for February – May
- Valentine’s Day Pop Art Fun
- Valentine’s Day Pop Art Box
- St. Patrick’s Day Shamrock Craft
I hope you have fun with this Free Chinese New Year Resource!
If you enjoy this art activity, you can also engage students creatively and bring your classroom alive with Chinese New Year-themed resources:
- 15 Fun FREE Facts about Chinese New Year
- Chinese New Year 2023 Coloring Pages
- Chinese New Year Fireworks Art Activity
Follow My Store on TPT to receive notifications of new products, where I will be offering a 50% discount for the first 48 hours after they are posted.
(Click on the green star at the top of this page.)
Like my work? Please stay in touch!
Don’t forget to leave feedback on resources – you will earn points towards your next TPT purchases 🙂
Please get in touch with me if you have any questions regarding this resource, I am always keen to help,
Copyright ©The ImaginationBox/Diane Pagan 2022.
All rights reserved by the author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only