Kickstart New Year 2024! Bring ‘cool’ into your classroom with these New Years coloring pages, art activities, and writing prompts. These printables are ideal for exploring goal setting and resolutions in a creative and fun way this January.
Save 25% with this imaginative bundle. Perfect for first-week back activities and as art-specific or self-reflection lessons.
I update this activity each year, so you will be able to download free updates if you would like to continue to use the activity beyond 2024.
What’s included in this New Years bundle?
This relatable fold-out cell phone art and writing activity is a cool way to encourage students to reflect on 2023, set new goals, and make resolutions for 2024.
Students can create fun self-portraits by choosing their favorite spectacles, and then complete the 2023 review and 2024 resolution and goal-setting activities, combining a balance of art and writing.
Invite students to reflect on 2023 and focus on setting their intentions and goals for 2024, in a creative way with this fun firework-themed resource.
Encourage students to explore warm and cool colors, and experiment with making confident, expressive marks to create an energizing firework display.
This print-and-go art activity encourages students to use their imagination and sense of color. The challenge is to see if the dragon silhouette stands out from the background when the coloring page is finished.
What materials will I need?
- Good quality heavyweight paper/ card stock for best results
- Oil pastels, marker pens, watercolor paints, colored pencils
- Glue and collage materials are optional
- Scissors and string for the bulletin board banners
How can I use this bundle with my students?
- End December 2023 in a positive, forward-thinking way
- Use as an engaging first-week-back activity for January 2024
- Encourage students to reflect, plan, and set goals
- Combine art and writing activities in an engaging way
- Acknowledge challenges and find solutions
- Generate lively group discussion
- Create an impressive creative display for a positive environment
- Build creative confidence through art
- This makes a handy, print-and-go sub-plan
- Add to a New Year unit
Happy teacher feedback
E’liane K says, “I am not going to lie when I say that this activity that I gave my 5th Graders to complete was the absolutely most WONDERFUL art activity we did all year. They absolutely LOVED creating their selfies with the masks on. It was very meaningful since we came back to face-to-face learning in August 2020. Masks have just been a major part of our existence at school, so the selfies were perfect! We still get compliments and people stopping to look at the artwork even after several months of them being up in the hallway! They will be a total keepsake when I send them home at the end of the year! Thank you!”
I do hope you have fun with these resources! I had great fun creating them 🙂
You might like to view my popular Back To School, All About Me resources here:
View further New Year activities here:
Like my work?
Please stay in touch!
Please contact me if you have any questions regarding this resource, I am always keen to help,
Copyright ©The ImaginationBox/Diane Pagan 2022.
All rights reserved by the author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only