Celebrate New Year 2023, with this creative warm and cool colors art lesson.
These coloring pages are a fun way to encourage students to set goals and work imaginatively.
This resource is updated for free each year
The challenge is to see if ‘2023’ stands out from the background when the coloring page is finished.
Your students’ artwork will make a really eye-catching classroom or homeschool display for the beginning of the new year!
What’s included in this art lesson?
- A digitally colored poster to display and to use as an example
- Activities and information to help students explore warm and cool colors and create patterns
- Outline templates – choose from a variety of options. Confident students can expand the activity by drawing their own diagonal lines and numbers
- Templates for writing activities
- Classroom bulletin board decor and early finishers bookmarks
What materials will I need?
- Good quality paper for printing
- Marker pens / paints / colored pencils / crayon / oil pastels
- Pegs and string for the garland
- Creatively confident students can add patterns to the shapes to make this activity more challenging
How can I use this resource with my students?
- Talk about what New Year means to them
- Encourage discussion around goal setting and resolutions
- An experimental art lesson
- A handy sub plan
- A fun Friday afternoon activity
- A brain break from tech
- A lesson about color, shape and line
- Add to a New Year unit
- Build creative confidence
- Create a wonderful classroom display for 2023!
Happy teacher feedback
Catherine W says, “My students loved starting the year revising warm and cool colours, and showing off their brilliant colouring skills. On a hot afternoon, this is the kind of task that is easy for them to engage with, and we now have super colourful display boards!”
Nicole V says, “This was helpful and fun for my students to practise colour relationships on the colour wheel. It tied in nicely with our New Year unit.”
Jody V says, “My students really enjoyed this. A fun, relaxing way to engage them on the first day back after winter break.”
I do hope you have fun with this resource!
You may like to view these creative seasonal resources:
Like my work? Please stay in touch!
Please contact me if you have any questions regarding this resource, I am always keen to help,
Copyright ©The ImaginationBox/Diane Pagan 2022.
All rights reserved by the author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only