- This ‘Pop Art Box About Me’ art and getting to know you resource, is a fun, first week back to school ice breaker for both girls and boys. It is a really creative way for teachers and students to learn more about each other.
- Invite students to create a unique ‘All About Me Box’, following the template prompts using Pop Art style doodles and words.
Contents – make the box
- Box template:decorate with your age, name, grade, self portrait, favorite colors, favorite fruit, my top goal, I love….
- The colored, finished example included features a girl’s face.
- However the actual face template has a ‘generic bald head’ so both boys and girls can create a self portrait from this outline.
Contents – inside the box
- Students can then fill their boxes with a selection of question cards and work in pairs or small groups to explore their learning goals, aspirations, likes and dislikes in a fun way.
- 36 question cards are included, along with blanks for students to have some fun and invent their own questions and games, for example, ‘Would you rather….’
- Another task is to make a ‘card to myself’ with a message or goal, or a kind note for a friend. For example, students can give these to their teacher to open at the end of the year to review their progress.
- Print out Pop Art inspired garlands and posters to color and display.
- Photographs of completed examples are included in the packet.
- There are doodle pages to keep early finishers occupied.
Dimensions, Spelling Options
- Boxes measure 2.6 x 2.6 x 2.6 inches when finished.
- The entire box template is designed to fit one sheet of US Letter or A4 sized paper. A larger box template is also included if you have access to an 11×14 or A3 printer.
- UK/Aus/Can spelling options of ‘favourite’ and ‘colour’ are included in the templates.
- The finished boxes make a fabulous display, on the bulletin board, pegged up on a line as a garland or suspended from the ceiling with clear thread.
All original artwork ©The ImaginationBox/Diane Pagan