- This ‘Hoodie About Me’ art and writing activity, is a creative first week back to school, getting to know you ice breaker for both boys and girls.
- It’s a really unique way for teachers and students to learn more about each other.
- Invite students to respond to prompts and questions in a personal and imaginative way, using doodles, words and illustrations to create hoodies reflecting their individuality – different is OK!
- Hoodie Design Activity: With a variety of template options to choose from, prompts include: Self portrait, name, age, grade, favorite color, subject, career, sport, film, singer…
- Optional Writing Activity: Add a lift up flap pocket to the hoodie, and explore goal setting, reflect on summer, write creatively on the templates provided.
- Posters and Garlands: The packet includes ‘All About Us’ posters and garlands to make the classroom colorful and inspiring.
- Early Finisher Activities: Doodle pages and bookmarks to make.
Photographs of Finished Examples
- Photographs of completed examples are included in the packet – I suggest using a black ball point pen and colored markers to create a modern, illustrative style to appeal to slightly older children, grade 5+
- The Hoodie templates measure approximately 9.5 x 7.5 inches and are designed to fit US Letter and A4 paper size for printing.
- The backs and fronts will match up when glued together.
- Please note, the 2 activities have been designed to complete on separate pieces of paper, they are not formatted to be printed back to back on one sheet of paper – accurate two sided printing cannot be guaranteed as paper tends to move slightly while printing.
- The finished hoodies make a fabulous display, on the bulletin board or pegged up on a line as a garland.
All original artwork ©The ImaginationBox/Diane Pagan